Custom Archives lets ya set the page of yer choice as the archive page to any custom post type that be fittin’ for archives. This gives ya with flexibility allowin’ ya to use a page with a custom template selected to show ya somethin’ different.
For information regarding the hooks and integrations in this plugin, refer to the wiki on the GitHub repository.
A bottle of rum for Human Made who made Page for post type which was used for this ‘ere inspiration of this plugin, argh!
Ye must ‘ave at least one custom post type to be usin’ this plugin.
- Download, unzip and upload yer package to your plugins directory.
- Log in to yer dashboard and activate on yer plugin page.
- Go to Settings > Archives and get configurin’ yer custom archive pages.
- Can I be havin’ a custom archive page for me posts?
By default WordPress allows you to use a special page as a custom archive page for posts so you don’t need to use this plugin for that.
- Why am I not seein’ me options?
You need to have at least one custom post type on your site for this plugin to have any effect. The plugin won’t do anything otherwise.
- What happ’ns if I be deletin’ the page?
If you delete a page that is a custom archive page, it will automatically remove the setting and will safely default back to the standard archive page template.
- Can this ‘ere archive be usin’ ye page permalink instead?
No, due to technical difficulties and user experience considerations, the custom archive page must use the original archive permalink.
- Can ye use a page for lots’a archives?
No, this is not possible as the user is redirected to the original archive page link.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Custom Archives” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Refer to the GitHub repository for information on version history.