Enter video details into the Video Callout box on the page editor and further customisation options will be displayed.
- video – (required) YouTube video URL or ID, or Vimeo video URL.
- autoplay – Tick for video to play automatically (note, autoplay videos will be muted as required by most modern browsers).
- frequency – How long after user sees video before it can be shown again. Uses a period – e.g. seconds, hour, day and a duration.
- delay – Delay in seconds until video appears.
- class – Add extra CSS classes to the outer div for custom styling.
- mute turn off sound
- modal will cover the page with a tint
You can choose where you want the callout to appear, what size and all properties of the window, frame, closer. The style and layout can be globally managed for the site with the option to set any overrides on a per placement basis.
Autoplay is not supported by all browsers. If you use autoplay, mute should be turned on for autoplay to work in most cases in those browsers that support it.
Add the Video Callout function using the following steps
- Install Video Callout automatically or by uploading the ZIP file.
- Activate Video Callout through the \’Plugins\’ menu in WordPress. Video Callout is now activated.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Video Callout” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Video Callout” has been translated into 5 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Video Callout” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Minor bugfixes= 1.0.7 =
- 13182 il8n – compound string handling
- 13129 / 12966 – z-index user configurable
- WP 6.1 support
- 13162 Minor translation fixes – simplified string handling
- 13162 Spelling and grammar updates
- 13157 Dashboard edge case closed
- 13162 translation updates US first
- rebuild language files
- 13157 dashbaord query fixed
- 13154 fixes pages without callouts triggerd console output
- 13127 translations updated
- 13156 global settings refinement
- 13119 fixes defaults inconsistent before first save
- WordPress 6.1 tested
- Bug fixes and refinements
- Release refinements – stable tag fixed
- WP 6.0.2 tested
- Gutenberg support
- Many refinements
- WP 6.0 tested
- Added dashboard view
- many incremental improvements